Purchasing AppleCare+ on Child Accounts Part 2

This is the second and final blog post about purchasing AppleCare+ on Child Accounts. Part one outlined the saga. I wanted to follow up in a post and mention how things turned out.

I had rescheduled a call with my Apple Support contact for this previous Monday (April 18th). This call was also set for 8pm, like the last one.

Leading up to this call, I had been checking Apple’s Check Coverage site every other day. I last checked on Easter Sunday. Each time with no luck. I figured I would pester the support person on what I should do.

Monday at 8pm came and went. I waited for a call from Apple Support for about 30 minutes before giving up and figuring it was another no-show. Shortly after 9pm, I received a call from Apple. I missed the call because I was walking the dogs 🤦🏻‍♂️.

The support person left me a message saying that the issue was resolved. They went on to say that I should email them back and let them know if things were satisfactory on my end. I couldn’t believe it. I check both kids’ phones and the website and it appeared that the issue was indeed resolved.

I am happy with the outcome, even though the process to get here wasn’t ideal. I’m not sure if purchasing AppleCare+ through a child account is an issue for everyone, or just us. I hope Apple has fixed the root cause of the issue.

I’m glad this issue has been resolved. I‘ve spent way too much time thinking about this and how to get it fixed.