I released Beer Style Guidelines 2022.1 today. It’s the first update of the year.
The update includes the following:
- Adds the 2021 BJCP Beer Style Guidelines.
- Fixes a crashing issue.
- Removes access to the 2015 BJCP Beer Style Guidelines.
- Removes access to the 2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines.
- Adds basic Telemetry analytics.
- Updates the “Page Down” keyboard shortcut to use a space (as it should have been all along).
The two big changes for me are the addition of the 2021 BJCP Beer Style Guidelines and fixing a crashing issue.
I had missed that the BJCP had released a new guideline at the end of December. It’s the first update to the guidelines since 2015. I don’t check all that often for new updates, but I should try to stay on top of things better.
I also fixed a crashing issue. I’d seen a few reports of it in my weekly emails from Apple. I finally dove into it and got it fixed.
I’ve already got the next update planned. The Brewers Association has released their 2022 guidelines and I want to get that into the app as soon as possible.
Once that’s done, I have some other things in mind. I’m excited to get started on those once I’ve got all of the guidelines updated and current.
Full list of release notes: https://beerstyleguidelines.app/release-notes/2022.1.txt
Please enjoy the update.